We have worked diligently with the City of Independence and the NKY Health Department to ensure a safe race environment. Please familiarize yourself with the following guidelines.
- Event day runners/walkers are limited to the first 200 participants who register. All others will be virtual.
- All volunteers at the various packet pick up locations/ times will be required to wear a mask while distributing. Participants are required wear a mask when picking up their race packets. The only exceptions are for health reasons.
- On race day there will be a portion of the parking lot at Memorial Park, the side lot at the fire station and the grassy area between them that will remain open, so runners/walkers can socially distance prior to the start of the event. We encourage you to wear a mask during this time.
- Bottle water will be available before and after the race. We will not be providing a water station in the middle of the route. You are welcome to carry the bottled water or bring your own for the course.
- Runners will be sent off in a wave start format in groups of no more than 15. Groups will be sent off in 15 second intervals. Faster runners are encouraged to place themselves toward the front as the event starts and walkers toward the back. Masks are not required while running/walking.
- All finish line volunteers who are handing out medals will be wearing masks and gloves.
- All spectators are asked to socially distance themselves and encouraged to wear masks if they are less then 6 feet apart from others.