Sound the Alarm 5K is a gentle out and back course on Madison Pike through the historical portion of Independence, Kentucky. Elevations changes along the course are less than 90'.
Runners and walkers will start and finish at Independence Fire station No.1 located at 1980 Delaware Crossing. Opening ceremonies will begin at approximately 7:50 am with a race start time at 8:00 am
What does it mean if I sign up as "Virtual"?
A virtual run/walk provides the opportunity for our community to conduct this fundraising event and not limit ourselves to participants that live in a close proximity to our area. It also is a great option during the COVID-19 pandemic if you're not comfortable being in larger crowds yet. A virtual race gives you the opportunity to run or walk your race, on your own schedule, in your hometown. You can use any route you wish and what day fits your schedule best! Since we are living in the unchartered times of dealing with the Covid-19 virus and larger crowds, there may be the potential that all registrations will need to become "virtual". We will notify you if this situation occurs, but at this time we are planning for a live race on October 3rd.
Who can participate?
Runners and walkers of all ages and abilities are encouraged to participate but you must be able to finish in under 1:30:00. After this time an official sweep car will ask those remaining on the course to move to the sidewalk to complete the race.
What do I get for signing up?
All paid participants will receive an exclusive t-shirt (short sleeve, unisex sizes, 50/50 cotton blend) and finisher's medal. Shirts will be distributed at packet pickup. You must wear your race bib and have a completed time in order to receive your finisher's medal.
When and where can I pick up my packet?
- Packet pick up will be located at Tri-State Running Company, 148 Barnwood Drive, Edgewood, KY on Thursday, October 1 from 12 - 8 pm and Friday, October 2 from 10 am - 5pm.
- Packets can also be picked up on race day at the race site from 7:30 am - 7:45 am. We encourage all participants to try and pick up packets prior to race day.
- You can pick up packets for additional family members/friends.
- All participants will start at the same time. Faster runners, place yourself toward the beginning of the start line. Walkers, place yourself toward the back of the start line.
- A hydration station will be set up around the halfway point of the course. Water will be available.
- All participants will share the southbound lane of Madison Pike, vehicle traffic will continue on the northbound lane. Headphones are permitted on the course but this is not a vehicle free race.
- Participant/spectator parking for the race will be available at the Independence Senior Center and the Kroger Marketplace Plaza.